A Romantic Cabin nestled in beautiful Southwestern Ohio
Plan your vacation stay in Highland County, Ohio
Hillsboro, Ohio is a wonderful town with nearby historic scenic wonders to explore, terrific shopping, Amish and Mennonite communities with craft items, and delectable food. Below are some of our favorites.
- Adena Mansion and Gardens, Built in 1806-07 is the estate of Thomas Worthington, sixth governor of Ohio
- Fort Ancient, 2000 year old American Indian enclosure overlooking the Miami River
- Fort Hill, The park features ancient earthworks with museum and mature forest with eleven miles of hiking trails.
- Highlands Nature Sanctuary, The Highlands Nature Sanctuary is 2000-acre hiking and nature education destination in southern Ohio, in the heart of the scenic Rocky Fork Gorge
- Long's Retreat, Waterslides, swimming area, diving boards and much more
- Oldaker Wildlife Area, 141 acre wildlife refuge
- Paint Creek State Park, features a large lake with fine fishing, boating and swimming.
- Rocky Fork State Park, Rocky Fork Lake, swimming, boating and fishing
- Serpent Mound Park, Serpent Mound is the largest surviving example of a prehistoric effigy mound in the world.
- Cundiff's Flowers, 121 W Main St, Hillsboro, 937-393-1411
- Janie's Closet, primitives and antiques
- The Shabby Moose, 744 North High Street Hillsboro, 937-393-8411
- **Several more antique shops in Hillsboro
- Alley 21 Sports Grille, food, live entertainment, and bowling
- Dakota Roadhouse, BBQ ribs, hand-cut steaks, pasta dishes and more
- Barnyard Cafe, Menu includes Pizzas, sandwiches, hamburgers, hoagies, hot dogs, french fries, potato skins, onion rings, etc.
Open for breakfast.
- Bob Evans, Hillsboro, discover farm-fresh goodness!
Amish Community Shops
- Miller's Furniture 960 Wheat Ridge Road, West Union
- Keim Family Market, 2621 Burnt Cabin Rd, Seaman, 937-386-9995
Mennonite Community Shops
- Picket Run Farm Nursery and Greenhouse (Seasonal) 14415 Cynthiana Rd, Hillsboro
Local Mennonite Auction on St rt 41 on specific days of the week. All different kinds of auctions from livestock to produce to flowers and misc.
- JR's General Store, 4715 st rt 41, Bainbridge
- Crafts Unlimited, 4417 st rt 41, Bainbridge
- Country Crust Bakery, 4918 St Rt 41, Bainbridge
- Lloyds Store in Bainbridge, Furniture and hardware store
- Mountain Lane Woodworking, Lavern Weaver, our cabin furniture custom built by Lavern, standard and rustic (painted or distressed) furniture Doors, moldings, cabinets, custom stain or solid color matches, 1325 Turner Hill Rd, Peebles Oh (off of state route 41)
- **plus more shops in the Mennonite Community near Bainbridge.
Stay with us once and we'll stay in your hearts forever!
Starlite Cabin Getaway
11565 State Route 124
Hillsboro, Ohio 45133
Owners, Tom & Janet Shawhan
Send Us an Email